Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Self Publishing Project
For the self publishing poem project, I wrote "the Sea's Melody". I chose sea as my topic because it really astonishes me and I want more people to hear the graceful sound of the sea.
 
Writing a poem is quite easy, but how to publish it will somehow be difficult for me. At the beginning, I actually have no idea of how to let more people read my poem. I went to many places, including Old Barn Community Center, UBC Campus, UBC Bus Station, UBC Bookstore, Science building, Norma Rose Point, and the beach. In Norma Rose, I met two people who shared their own opinions about my poem.

Throughout this project, I learned not only how to write a great poem but also some communication skills and social experiences. Although it is not perfect, I use these skills to do more things better.


This is my own video of my process of publishing my poem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IylQECtxOhU&feature=youtu.be


I also made a small music video of my poem "The Sea's Melody". I chose the beach as my background because it really fits with my poem's content.

This is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxsfN7aX-CM&feature=youtu.be


No comments:

Post a Comment